Friday, January 14, 2011

Slower week but still most defintely progress

I haven't worked out since Sunday, although I plan to work out twice tomorrow. On top of that I felt lazy and tired last night, and it seemed to correlate directly to my higher level of snackiness.

But, I am not discouraged. You've got to remember my baseline ... 2010 ... was pretty base. Snackiness was an every evening occurrence. So to say I spent one night snacking is not something I'm proud of, but the way I look at it I spent the first 12 nights of 2011 NOT snacking. 12 of 13 ain't bad, although my friend Clay Anderson said it takes 20 days to form a habit.

Guess I fell short of non-snackiness reaching habit-forming status. Guess I have something new to shoot for.

Positive thought for the day: I went to make copies just now, right after finishing my lunch, and there were cupcakes sitting by the microwave, which sets next to the copy machine. I wanted one as a sweet treat to top off my meal, but I resisted.

I've never walked by that microwave and not taken one of the treats brought in my a staff member. Not even once.

So I used this cool new thing called the World Wide Web and looked up how many calories are in a cupcake. It varied from difference sources, of course. A bakery cup cake, according to http://www.eatingwell.com/, has 585 calories. Zoinks. But these cup cakes by the microwave were mini-cupcakes, so I'm going with 290 calories saved.

For the year: 11,638 eliminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment