Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crazy week not particularly crazy, but not a waste, either

OK, so my mentor who sent me the kind and encouraging email tell me to "go crazy" – in a good way, of course -- and I are different people, namely in that he's amazing and I'm a bit of a slug, BIT being the optimal word (not slug, thank goodness).

Sunday: 224 calories burned on the fly on a worn out bicycle machine. Monday: 362 calories burned in a hurry between dinner and evening commitment. Then Tuesday: You can't make this up, 717 calories burned in one hour on the trustee tread mill machine-friend. And those 717 calories burned while reading a Time article about the recently famous "Tiger Mom." She's fascinating, and not nearly as crazy as her own book makes her out to be. In fact, the most crazy thing of that hour was nothing of which the Tiger Mom spoke, but instead that I discovered I was capable of burning 717 calories in one hour of fast walking on the tread mill.

That's 1,303 calories burned. Nothing to scoff at. Then I ate one too many bowls of cereal Wednesday night, thought one too many times about the stress pouring down on me with grades due. Next thing I know I'm on the couch sleeping.

That's what we call a Workout Death Sentence trifecta. In the biz.

Minutes later I was asleep in my new comfy bed, my "crazy week" suddenly arrested on the other side of my eye lids. Unless, of course, chainsaw-type snoring burns mega loads of calories.

There is one reason for hope. I have a long weekend on the road, which means no workouts and possibly sketchy food choices, so I've committed myself to a 5 a.m. workout tomorrow morning. I checked the website for my gym, and they are, indeed, open at that time. I don't foresee this morning thing becoming a habit, but it must be done.

"Crazy" needs a kick start.

2011 total caloric disappearance: 15,610, with more to go bub-bye about seven hours from now. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Time to make yourself a traveling kettle bell for the on the road workouts!

    http://www.4hourbodyzone.com/t-bar-kettlebell-review/

    Few swings with this beast, combined w/ pushups and air squats and you've got one hell of a 10 minute, cheap and intense workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy needs a kickstart. I like it. I was at HyVee yesterday and now see little debbie treats completely different. I scanned for the zebras..........Maybe when you are at your goal weight you can do a photoshop number with you in the little debbie outfit.

    ReplyDelete